1. Condition UltraplyXL® Underlayment panels 24 to 48 hours to the room environment in which they
will be installed.
2. Install UltraplyXL® stamp/sticker down before installing the finished floor.
3. Install the long dimension of the panel perpendicular to
the floor joists for maximum rigidity.
4. Make sure UltraplyXL® Underlayment seams offset any subfloor panel seam by at least 6”.
5. Stagger panels, ashlar fashion, so that four corners do
not meet. Offset Underlayment joints by at least 16”.
6. Leave a minimum 1/8” gap at walls.
7. Lightly butt all panels, but do not force
sheets into place.
8. Fasten panels securely to a structurally sound, smooth, clean and dry sub-floor with 18 gauge staples with chiseled ends and/or 12 gauge non-staining, galvanized ring groove shank nails.
9. Make sure fasteners do not penetrate through the subfloor
or into the floor joists.
10. Position fasteners in the field on 4” inch centers.
11. Attach edge fasteners 1 ½” apart and 3/8;”
12. Set fasteners flush or slightly below the panel surface.
13. Fill all edge joints and other surface depressions with
a PORTLAND BASED LATEX MODIFIED PATCH, and sand smooth. Make
sure patch is FULLY DRY before installing the finished floor.
* Notes & Exceptions:
The Moreland Company has the highest quality of standards
in the market. Environment and temperature should be noted
to ensure acclimation. The finished floor should be installed
immediately after UltraplyXL® Premium Underlayment to prevent
job site influenced damage. Moreland Company is not responsible
for faulty installation. No defective material is to be installed.
Final inspection of each panel is the responsibility of the